Monastery of Plakidiotissa is located in Kallimasia and was established in 1625. Its name derived from the stone plates (places) found in the area. It is honored on the same feast day as the Dormition of the Virgin (Tis Panaghias), August 15th.
Most of its 600 nuns were slaughtered or deserted the monastery during the horrible massacres of 1822. Katafigi Mastroyanakis, one of the few who returned, found the icon of the Virgin in a miraculous way. Today there are three nuns in the monastery.