The excavations that took place in Kato Fana by Mr. Koyroynioti (1915-1916) and the English Archaeological Faculty (1934-35) brought to light an important temple that had been in continuous use by different credos since the 9th century B.C. The original archaic temple was dedicated to Apollo, but it was later turned into a Christian temple during the Byzantine years. Today, it is the church of Agion Theodoros.
However, the few archaeological remains make it impossible to come to any other conclusions about its successive building phases. The only traces that have been preserved to the date are a few remains of the archaic temple and its orchard, some architectural parts used in the construction of the later phases, as well as remains of the Christian basilica.
Tel: 02510 - 22087, 20745
Fax: 02510 - 20745